NHS Careers > Explore by career > Nursing > Careers in nursing > Health visiting > The Health Visitor Implementation Plan
About the Health Visitor Implementation Plan
The start of life is a crucial time for children and parents and health visitors can play a vital role. The Health Visitor Implementation Plan sets out what a good, well resourced health visiting service will mean for families, staff and for all who have a part to play. It includes:
- information on why health visiting matters and on what the new health visiting service will look like
- a call to action to professionals, to service commissioners/providers, to higher education institutions, professional bodies and local partners
- information on how this ambitious plan will be achieved by 2015
- details of the supporting work programmes. These are:
- growing the workforce
- professional mobilisation
- aligning delivery systems to ensure rapid progress.
More information can be found on the Department of Health website.