NHS Careers > Explore by who you are > Teachers and careers advisers > Work experience
Work experience in the NHS
Teachers and careers advisers are often involved in arranging and improving work experience programmes for students with the NHS.
To supplement the lesson plans, we have produced a guide for schools, colleges and further education. The toolkit is 41 pages, and can be downloaded as a pdf free of charge.
- explains how the NHS works
- dispels some common myths
- provides information and practical tips on how to set up a placement
- manages student expectations
- gives examples of good practice from trusts which are already running successful work experience programmes
- contains template forms to support setting up a work experience programme